High-Performance, High-Temperature Polymers for the Aerospace Industry
Allegheny Performance Plastics has been producing high-performance, high-temperature polymer parts for the commercial and defense aerospace industry for over 35 years. We have more than 300 complex parts and assemblies integrated into the most modern aircraft platforms flying around the world.
Some of the largest aerospace and defense original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), Tier I, and Tier II suppliers rely on us to design and manufacture these critical high-temperature polymer components. We’re also leveraging our capabilities and expertise to expand our production capabilities to include components for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
Our aerospace certifications include:
- AS9100 Rev D: AS9100 takes the ISO 9001 standard and supplements it with additional quality system measures, which are established by the aerospace industry to satisfy DOD, NASA, and FAA quality requirements.
- International Traffic in Arms (ITAR): ITAR is a set of export control regulations mandated by the U.S. Government. They’re designed to help ensure that defense-related technology doesn’t get into the wrong hands.
High-Performance Polymer Solutions for Your Aerospace Applications
Types of Components
- Winding Supports
- Diode Assembly Components
- Check Valves
- Valve Components
- Dynamic Seals
- Bushing/Thrust Washers
- Electronic Systems
- Air-Management Systems
- Auxiliary Power Units
- Fueling Systems
- Hydraulic Systems
- Non-Conductive Properties
- Reduced Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH)
- High Thermal Capabilities Up to 460°C (536°F)
- Favorable Strength-to-Weight Ratio
Why Work With Allegheny Performance Plastics
As experts in top-of-the-pyramid materials, we solve your greatest critical component challenges using the most advanced polymer materials, including Torlon®, Aurum® (PAI), Ultem®, PBI, PEEK, PI, and PPS.
We apply in-depth experience, best-in-class technology, and proprietary processing techniques to deliver solutions, not just parts. Our high-performance polymer solutions make us your one-stop source for custom aerospace injection molding, machining, and assembly.
Read this case study to learn how we helped a Fortune 100, Tier 1 aerospace manufacturer eliminate 45 days of lead time, significantly reduce supply chain risk, and save $20,000 annually by conducting value stream mapping on the entire product family of an aerospace fan part.
Your Source for Dependable High-Temperature Polymer Parts
We’ll work with you to meet your specs as well as your standards, timeline, and budget.